14 September 2018

Journey Me ~ Is There Any Other God?


Greetings Dear Reader,

I was reminded of day some twenty-five years past.  It was a day I had forgotten but now recall with love and hope.  Here it is in brief.

Our family had journeyed to a church in Athens to see the model that this church used in worship.  It was a house church and corporate worship included the children.  Mine were six and four.  They sat on either side of me as we sang the hymns and listened to the reading of day.

Then there was a bit of responsive reading.  It began with this simple question: “Is there any God besides our God?”  The proper response to the reading is “There is no other God besides our God.”  Instead, from my left side, above all other noise in the room and before anyone else responded game the answer from my eldest Son: “NO!”

Almost every head in the room turned to look at him.  There was laughter and something more.  A few of us knew that he knew.  Throughout the next several years I saw that same confidence strong and bold.  I saw that belief work in the lives of others.

As I journey back to that same God, I find that it is never my faith that waivers but the application of that faith.  Whenever I do not live out my faith it is because I have stopped looking at Christ to follow him but rather have looked at other humans for my portion and support. 

When I look at anything other than Christ to guide me, I am not following Christ.  Instead I am following things of my own choosing that will not lead me home.  I must only follow Christ.  There is no other guide, example, or hope that is given me.  I dare not ask him to guide me if I refuse to follow him.  I cannot follow two paths at once.  I choose to follow this one.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment