19 September 2018

Sing You Home ~ Be Still


Greetings Dear Reader,

So often when we run from God or reject faith entirely it is because of a person or people.  We pass judgment on an infallible Father based on the actions of his fallible children.  We run from the Father who loves us toward things that have proven over and over to harm and not heal.

I have done this when I did not want to give up my interests for what is right and good.  I have seen people I love dearly do the same.  We run when we should be still.  We think we are alone because we run but we never are. There is no place we can run where the Father is not there.  

It is when we stop running and become still that we can hear and know that he is there with us.  People will fail us.  I have been fallen and foolish at times.  It is when we look past the humans to the Divine that we find the help we need. 

The beauty in it is that no matter how long and how far we run, the moment we stop and become still, the Father is there.  He is there to heal and forgive.  It may take time to recover and it may take time to right things.  That does not mean that we are alone. 

There is always a way home Dear Reader.  It almost always starts with moments of stillness.  It always takes a little courage and hope.  It takes an act of will.  The beauty of it is that God is even at work in us to give us the will to stop and become still.  Whatever we run to or run from it is in that moment of stillness that we can realize that the Father is there with us to point us to the Son so we can follow him home.

I have had to take this time to be still.  I have had to remember the one that I follow is always there, in every moment to be with me.  No matter how dark or deadly the moment seems, it is in this stillness that I find the way.  I sing to you, though you cannot hear me to help you know where to stand and be still so that you can find the way home.  We talk about wanting to KNOW that God is there.  He says, “be still and know that I am God.”

Be Still – The Fray

Be still and know that I'm with you
Be still and know that I am here
Be still and know that I'm with you
Be still, be still, and know

When darkness comes upon you
And colors you with fear and shame
Be still and know that I'm with you
And I will say your name

If terror falls upon your bed
And sleep no longer comes
Remember all the words I said
Be still, be still, and know

And when you go through the valley
And the shadow comes down from the hill
If morning never comes to be
Be still, be still, be still

If you forget the way to go
And lose where you came from
If no one is standing beside you
Be still and know I am

Be still and know that I'm with you
Be still and know I am

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment