04 October 2018

An Unfailing Process ~ Actions


Greetings Dear Reader,

We think, we speak, then we act.  Actions are not possible without at least the basics of thought.  The brain must function at some level for us to take action of any kind.  The actions of intent, however, always come from our thoughts and words. 

This part of the unfailing process should not surprise us.  It is the fruit of the words we think.  We act based on how we have thought and the words that are true to us. When we act based on raw feeling it is because we have at some point thought with words about what we would allow ourselves to do in certain situations.

We only act violently when we have allowed violence to be an option.  We only act rudely to others when we have considered the needs of others beneath our wants and needs.  In the same manner our loving and kind actions are the result of thinking words that lead to love and kindness.  We act kindly because we have thought it through and chosen the words of love and kindness as our weapon.

In the reverse, our actions reveal what is in our mind.  Our actions confirm or deny our words.  What we do speaks so loudly that our words are borne out upon them or proven a lie by them.  It is in acting that we gain or lose the veracity, the integrity of our words and thoughts. 

I sat in a circle of strangers this past week and openly explained the failures that I am attempting to overcome through honesty and accountability.  It was the actions that I have already taken in seeking forgiveness for my wrongs that assured me that my mind was thinking well and my words were honest.  In the midst of my pain and loss there is the joy of knowing that I am backing up my words with actions. 

The unfailing process demands that what we think and say be lived out in action.  It vows that our actions will reveal our words and thoughts to others.  It promises that if our actions are true then less words will be necessary and that those words will have great power.  It is in our actions that we prove the purity and power of thoughts and words.  It is also those actions that determine what comes next.

I must DO what is right even when it hurts.  It is useless to refuse to act when what I think demands it.  It is required that I back up my words with proper action.  When I act, if my thoughts have been centered on love, grace, kindnesss, and mercy then it will be easy to infuse those things into the lives of others.  To modify slightly what my Grandfather used to say often, “We do what we believe.  Everything else is just talk.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment