16 October 2018

Daily Bread ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

At the very core of our existence are very basic needs.  They are needs created in us as a species.  If we have these basic needs met we can subsist.  The truth is that we are not meant to merely subsist.

We can trace almost all of the ills in our culture to ways in which needs are not met.  We feel fear that leads to doing things that we think will fulfill our needs.  We adopt habits and strategies other than faith and following Christ to get our needs met and then we are astounded when they do not work. We still, over and over again think that we can depend on experiences and things instead of God.

If I am to honestly become someone who depends on the Father for daily provision, I should be able to write about it every day.  There are moments where that provision is obvious.  There are too many instances where I fail to acknowledge that the Father has provided for me.  Even more there are things are pursuing that are false fulfillment of genuine needs.  They do not satisfy and they do not last. 

The promise is that the Father has and will provide for me.  This does not mean that I will have everything I want but, rather, that I will be cared for as a loving Father cares for his child.  As I said before this is very difficult for me.  I have very little to go on in understanding what this looks like.  The counsel I am getting, however, is to allow the Father to show this to me.  In my writing I must move on to other matters but I must embrace the idea of allowing the Father to give me my daily bread for life. 

The entire creation is meant to be under the care of the Father.  Increasingly the culture is to be independent and self-sufficient.  We are intended to be cared for like little children.  We are also intended to have the love and loyalty of little children.  We are designed to follow the example of our elder brother, Jesus.

I must make this attitude the core of my daily existence.  I am unsure how to do that.  I am concerned that when things are easier that I will forget to see every day as one that I need to depend on the Father for everything.  Please, Dear Reader pray that I never forget this lesson again; not for a single day.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Novels on Amazon 
Web Page: www.aramisthorn.com          
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment