25 August 2009

I Am Not Job

Greetings Dear Readers,

I want to dwell for a moment on the biblical character Job. I have been thinking of late how much I feel like him. In the last six weeks I have lost both my wife and my employment (interesting that the word "job" fits better here but does not fit). I am currently ill and most of my life is in upheaval.

But I am not Job. My children are all alive and well. I have not lost everything. Oh and most importantly, I am not the righteous man that Job was. God points out that there is no one like him in all the world. I have a long way to go before I can even consider that I could be a righteous man.

For whatever reason, events in my life are frightening right now. In the midst of it I have retained much wealth. My children love me. I have friends who care about me. My church is supportive and happens to be teaching about total dependence upon Christ. I have the ability to work and the opportunity to pursue my dreams.

I do not know what Christ has in my future, but I will face it in faith. If you care to pray for me, then pray this:

I would like to be nothing but what Christ wishes me to be
I would like to find peace with everyone in my life and treat them as Christ would
I would like to make my living doing the things I love

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment