27 August 2009

The Compass

Greetings Dear Readers,

I have a Face book page. I often emote things that are going on there and get both humorous and helpful reactions from my friends. One of them, a friend in Chicago whom I do not see often enough and love dearly says things that make me think and are very helpful.

The other day I posted that I was “Watching the compass spin.”

My friend, knowing my love of all things pirate replied with, “Captain Jack Sparrow would tell you that means you need to find someone else to hold the compass ...”

Another friend suggested that I was too close to a strong magnetic field.

I thought about both of these things in light of my attempt to be more Christ like and less in control of things. So I posted the following. “I have handed Christ the compass; Knows that He alone is the loadstone; Is back to waiting and listening.”

My Chicago friend did not miss a beat. He responded with the following:
“Upside: Compass will now point correctly. Downside: It may be a while before He decides to tell you which way the compass is pointing.”

I laughed and cried at the same time. Thank you dear friend for putting perspective to my doldrums. As with all things:

The Wind will be up when is should be
I must only trim them to the Son
He has the compass and will give me a heading when it is time
It is a joy to know that Christ is willing to be both my journey and my destination.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

1 comment:

  1. We wish you joy, also, in your journey. Blessed is the life that finds joy in the journey.
    Love and prayers,
    Brian and Amanda

    ReplyDelete