26 June 2007

Thinking Well about One's Self

Greetings Dear Readers,


Consider all the people you know who do not think of themselves in a good light. Whether it is that one does not admit to things they do well or that they think to highly of themselves, often we do not view ourselves in a sober light. Whether it is pride or pain that drives us, or the ravages of our fallen natures, we must learn to think properly of ourselves. As for me, I am a fallen man, whose meager attempts to be kind and good are only successful by the grace of God.

I strive daily to view myself honestly but fail often to see my own short comings or wrong views. Fortunately I have friends and family around me who love me enough to help me see my true self more clearly. As I work through my thinking on a proper view of my place before God and my place in the writing world, I have to begin to accept what a proper view of my gifts would be. It is difficult to admit that I am good at my craft without feeling prideful and self conscious. That said, professionals have told me that I write well. I must find a place to stand where I acknowledge the value of what I do and where I give my best to develop and share my craft and the crafting of it with others.

I write because I love to write. I share it with others because I love to teach. You dear readers, encourage me through your comments and feedback. Journey with me a little further and perhaps we will find a place to stand where we see ourselves as we are, and from that see the beauty of all that God has created in us.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/7/07 05:41

    safe paths and well wishes...from guli *smiles*

    ReplyDelete