08 September 2009

Crossroads

Greetings Dear Readers,

I have spoken of milestones. I have written about the journey and always wish you to find joy in it. The truth is that there are also always forks and crossroads in the journey that require our attention as well. Most of these are distractions. Most of them offer danger and some even death.

Over the course of my life I have come to several of these crossroads and sometimes I have chosen properly, sometimes I have not. When I have chosen unwisely it has hurt my family, friends, and my walk with Christ. It has assuredly even harmed strangers people for whom I was supposed to be an example of good and instead became an example of failure.

Amidst all of this one thing remains a constant. I made choices. I am making choices today. I stand at a crossroads where everything seems dark and daunting. I am not alone, but I am terrified. I am not without hope but I can see no further than the next moment. There is a place of balance I am trying to maintain.

I am not supposed to worry about the future, but I am supposed to be honest about my options. Only God can give me enough grace to do this for when I look at both I feel little hope and great fear. I do not know what is next but I have responsibilities and I know that God will care for me but I do not see a way to go. You see it is all a balancing act of refusing to lose my faith and hope in God, owning my failures and continuing to chase my dreams. Today, however, I stand at this vast crossroad and only want to follow the narrow path.

Do I pursue my dreams or just take an everyday job that will meet my bills? I have tried this before and it does not work for me. I need time to work on the things that I know I am called to but need income to do the things I must. So here I stand, at a crossroads where I know I have the love and support of my children. My faith community is helping me. I know that Christ is with me. Today however, I am not sure where to step, so I wait and listen and hope.

Wishing you joy in the journey – especially when pausing to get your bearings

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment