10 March 2010

Winter Cookies but not...

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have a friend, Ben, who is a creative and amazing soul. He is a constant learner and always in pursuit of new things. His music skills have yet to be honored or recognized at the level they deserve. He and my sons are close and I benefit greatly from his presence when I am blessed to be in it.

Several years ago Ben created a unique cookie recipe that he monikered Winter Cookies. They are delicious and both sweet and savory all at once. Since Ben is a vegan they are also vegan friendly and could be used as a gateway drug to that particular persuasion. Over the years I have received them as gifts and enjoyed every one.

In his kindness Ben intended to give me a batch of them for my birthday this year. I had recently commented about them on Face book and he was trying to be good to me. It turned out that he was better than he thought. Apparently he made an error in the amount of liquid he put into the would-be cookie dough. The presence of too much liquid yielded a batter instead of cookie dough. Being an intelligent and frugal individual, Ben greased up a baking dish and cooked the batter.

The result was an excellent cake or sweet bread that I have enjoyed for a week and more. My recommendation is that he keep both recipes and use them often. Most excellent in the experience was the lesson of not considering all errors a loss. I do not know if I would have turned this error into opportunity as Ben did. I do know that he did and I benefited greatly from it. I thank you Ben, for the treat and the lesson.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment