17 February 2011

When Cars Follow Christ

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am amazed at the overwhelming number of cars that have become Christ followers over the last decade. You see them proudly wearing the fish emblems and bumper stickers proclaiming the faith and following. It seems to be somewhat of an automobile revival.

It seems to me though that the cars do not always follow the flag they wear. Some of them still drive badly. I Christian mini-van cut me off just the other day almost causing an accident. I saw a sports car with a fish and an “I love Jesus” bumper sticker wildly weaving in and out of traffic at high speed in a most dangerous way. I have even seen a supposedly Christian car without handicapped plates or placard parked in a handicapped parking spot.

I really wonder what is wrong with these cars. They claim to follow Christ but still do things that do not seem Christ-like. My car refuses to wear a fish or a bumper sticker. I guess it wants to be seen driving well and safely. It realizes that it sometimes still makes poor choices and does not want to hurt the name of Christ by its unfavorable actions. I guess that if cars are going to wear badges and stickers that proclaim their faith in Christ it makes it that much more important that they act in a Christ-like manner.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree. I know I make mistakes while driving and I don't want to give Jesus a bad name while doing so. That means not Jesus fish or other items on my beast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/3/11 12:10

    Heard a presentation, long long ago. Older guy, had been a missionary in Japan when he was very young.

    Talked about how he had gotten into what we'd now call a bit of "road rage" - someone cut him off, and instead of letting it go, he zoomed past 'em.

    Repeated a couple times before he realized just how .. unusual .. a gringo in Japan was, at that point, and how screwed up it would be if the guy he was racing showed up at one of his meetings.

    Since I'm not always perfect (grin) and don't have time to explain to everyone else on the road what "I'm not perfect, just forgiven" means, I prefer not to tag myself as belonging to any group.. especially His.

    Respectfully submitted....

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete