01 August 2014

Second Thoughts – The Laughter of Women

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Recently an official of the Turkish government, Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc made comments that women should limit their laughter in public.  His statements triggered the laughter of women all over Turkey.  Like some of those who follow Christ I believe that some of those follow Islam suggest things that are ridiculous as a method of being faithful.

In truth I embrace a ling from a song by Kemper Crabb, Thingpen’s Wedding:  “I have heard God in your laughter.”   I think that true laughter is so restorative and healing.  I think that when a woman laughs from the heart the world is a more beautiful place.  It can be the most sincere form of holy music.

Too often we go through the day too serious or too encumbered.  To forbid a woman to laugh is to forbid her to express joy and delight.  It is hinder the music of God rising from the soul of the faithful. 

It is true that we often laugh for the wrong reasons.  To ban laughter because someone might laugh for the wrong reasons is a foolish as banning cars because some people drive badly.  Then again, the same people who want to limit the laughter of women claim that they drive too much.

As I write this I am recalling the pure and beautiful laughter of women I have known through the years.  I know that I am better for it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment