23 August 2014

Am I Enough – At Any Cost

Greetings Dear Reader,

When Job speaks this time one can feel his desperation to be understood by those around him.  Job reaches out to his friends with a plea for them to honestly see the place in which they put him.  He knows that God is omniscient.  He knows that God’s ways are beyond his comprehension.

Job also asserts that he has not abandoned following God.  He has worked to walk with God and make God’s ways his ways.  He treasures the words of God.  He also has a healthy fear of God.  This is not the fear that drives us to sin but rather the fear that drives us to faith.

I must not sin in my fear of the unknown.  I must not abandon God when I do not understand.  Following is born of faith and fear.  Fear of this type is an understanding of and respect for the vast difference between me and God. I must respect who God is.  I must have integrity in my dealings with God.  "For then as night follows day I cannot be false with any other man."

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

Job 23:1- 17
Then Job replied to his friends,
"My complaint is bitter again today. I try hard to control my sighing. 
"If only I knew where I could find God! I would go where he lives.  I would present my case to him. I would have a mouthful of arguments.  I want to know the words he would use to answer me. I want to understand the things he would say to me.  Would he sue me and hide behind great legal maneuvers? No, he certainly would press charges against me.  Then decent people could argue with him, and I would escape my judgment forever.  However, if I go east, he isn't there. If I go west, I can't find him. If I go northward, where he is at work, I can't observe him. If I turn southward, I can't see him.  I can't find him because he knows the road I take. When he tests me, I'll come out as pure as gold.  I have followed his footsteps closely. I have stayed on his path and did not turn from it.  I have not left his commands behind. I have treasured his words in my heart. 

"But God is one of a kind. Who can make him change his mind? He does whatever he wants!  He will carry out his orders concerning me as he does with so many other things.  That is why I'm terrified of him. When I think of it, I'm afraid of him.  God has discouraged me. The Almighty has filled me with terror.  But I am not silenced by the dark or by the thick darkness that covers my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment