28 December 2014

Closing the Year – Dodging Discontentment

Greetings Dear Reader,

Two of my children were gifted with new PlayStation Four Consoles for Christmas.  Sony experienced a vast denial of service attack on their network beginning Christmas Day.  This means that my two children and hordes of others were not able to register, download games, update content and things of the like.

I was pleased as a Father to see both of them find the positive in the situation.  My Daughter Christmas did this at home.  She expressed her gratitude and turned to other leisure activities.  She would try every couple of hours over the next few days but showed not a moment’s discontent.

My Bezel show similar patience and character.  He did so in front of my Grandsons and made the best of the situation by being good to them.  He was content to play the included game with his nephews and siblings.  He expressed at one point his compassion for all the other people who were disappointed by the network outage.

I watch with pride as both of them dealt with disappointment in love and compassion for those around them.  I felt moved that when they were with my Grandsons the set an example of giving up what they wanted to be good others.  As I mentioned yesterday the media is screaming for us to be discontent with what we just received.  My children have instead chosen to love.  That is joyous. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment