14 December 2016

The Road to Bethlehem – Where are You, Christmas

Merry Christmas Dear Reader,

I have been besieged by a fever and a cold.  Being abed for these few days has not been my plan.   It is, however, necessary.   For good or ill I have made myself rest.  Those who know me understand that I do not like extra sleep. 

As I ponder the time needed for other things I consider that would rather be at work and about my other errands.  If I am to be healthy later, however, I must rest now.  So I spend the time resting and praying.  I spend it praying for those in need.  I spend it praying for those for whom the Christmas spirit is illusive. 

Sometimes I am more burdened for those who find Christmas hard to grasp than any others.  This is when we should celebrate hope and the beginning of our redemption.  I may never know the impact of my prayer but I know that it has impact.  

Today Dear Reader, as you move through your day take the time to look for Christmas.  Make the moments shine for others when you can.  Realize that the joy in the journey is always the joy of Christmas. 

Where are you Christmas – Faith Hill

Oh, hmm
Where are you Christmas
Why can't I find you
Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear music play

My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too

Where are you Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go

Christmas is here
Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here
If you care, oh

If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time

Oh, I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away, oh
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love

Where are you Christmas
Fill your heart with love

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment