06 June 2017

Contracts with God ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

In the movie For Love of the Game the protagonist Billy Chapel is in pain late in the game.  He prays, “God, I always said I would never bother you about baseball, Lord knows you have bigger things to worry about. But if you could make this pain in my shoulder stop for ten minutes, I would really appreciate it.”

The device of having someone who does not pray offer up a “I don’t pray” prayer in the moment of crisis works well for storytelling.  I am also sure there are sincere prayers offered in moments of desperation.  It is the bargains in between the fictitious and sincere that captures my mind today. 

I talk to God all the time.  When I am alone I talk out loud.  My thought on this is that I would talk to him if he were physically present in a form that I could see.  I also figure that the more time I spend talking to him now the less shocking the transition will be when we meet face to face.  Spoiler alert:  I honestly thing that there is no way to be prepared for this.

I am trying to approach a very serious thing lightly.  You see, God makes contracts with us.  Some are two-way and some are one-way.  Both are very important.  Some are specific and some are general.  Some are meant for every human and some are meant for those who choose to follow the Son.

I am pondering through these this week to remind me of part of the road map home.   I need to remember that it is not all about the lateral communication but rather that there are important contracts in place.  These binding agreements are there to help me see the journey through with a little pain as possible.  Walk with me Dear Reader.  Perhaps you will see something I have missed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment