22 June 2017

Magic Every Moment ~ Motes of Dust


 Greetings Dear Reader,

In the Thomas Traherne quote I with which I began he mentions how a mote of dust appeared as gold in the sunlight to his young eyes.  I remember lying on our pink Herculon sofa as a boy.  I would smack the arm and watch the dust dance golden in the afternoon sun.

The couch was itchy, lumpy, and uncomfortable but the simple beauty of that dust in the sunlight caused me to forget about it.  As long as the afternoon sun cooperated I would find my imagination’s fire ignited and fed by the dancing gold.  The beauty of the simple can be so very refreshing.

When something is beautiful to me I am motivated and inspired.  That small boy watching dust in the sunlight had a much simpler view of beauty.  Dust has become my enemy as allergies and sneezing have caused me to avoid it.  I want to recapture the wonder.  I want to see that the simple beauty is all that one needs. 

I see that wonder in my Grandsons.  They find the world still wondrous and adventurous.  I will have to look for an opportunity to introduce them to sunlight spinning dust into gold.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment