30 June 2017

The War of Indifference ~ Pain Part 2

Greetings Dear Reader,

Physical pain is nothing compared to emotional pain.  The problem with continuing emotional pain is that it hides and attacks.  It can summon memories from long ago to torment us when we least expect it.

Emotional pain is a siren to indifference for me.  I spent some time with my emotions shut down because of it.  I was indifferent to the pain of others.  I would feign emotion when the situation called for it.  I could be angry in an instant.

I have learned to deal honestly with how I feel and to separate feeling from fact and action.  This does not prevent emotional pain from assaulting me whenever it wishes.  It does not mitigate the pain or the temptation to be indifferent. 

This war fought in the mind and heart must be one of constant vigilance.  It must be an act of will in every moment to care.  I must have compassion.  I must do what is right even when it hurts.  It is in follow in faith that I have the power to do this.

I cannot afford to be indifferent if it makes me numb to the needs of others.  This is not a safe place.  It is a selfish one. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment