28 June 2017

The War of Indifference ~ Stubbornness

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am so very stubborn.  I get my mind set on something and budging off of it is right out.  This can be good or bad depending on the focus of my willfulness.  Most of the time when I am stubborn and irritated it is a bad thing.

Hermann G. Simon
I become especially stubborn when I am wrong.  I become angry stubborn when I am wrong and I know it.  This is so dangerous because I become indifferent to anything anyone says.  Nothing can calm me or sway me until i realize that I have chosen to follow my will instead of Christ.

The danger of the indifference born of stubbornness is that it can lead to refusal of all faith.  It takes humility to see that you are wrong.  It is pride that fuels my angry stubbornness.  The angry stubbornness is not a product of faith.  It is not a product of love.

When I am indifferent to love and humility I act in faithless ways.  This is dangerous.  It easily leads to unbelief.  Indifference to love, humility, and faith breeds pride and stubbornness. 

The writer of Hebrews warns me, “Be careful, brothers and sisters, that none of you ever develop a wicked, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.”  I must battle indifference by battling stubbornness.  I must battle stubbornness by embracing humility.  If I fail at this I will ultimately fail at faith. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. I find the older I get, the less stubborn. Not sure how that works, other than that I realize more that sometimes I am really wrong, and that I don't know everything (gasp). Yes, it is embarrassing to be wrong sometimes. I don't like being wrong. But I am quicker to admit it now.

    ReplyDelete