06 March 2007

Schedule Changes

It has been said that when men make plans God laughs. So often it seems that when I make writing plans life gets in the way. It forces one to choose where loyalties lie and how determined they are to write. Currently in our home schedules are in flux and such minor things as meals times and shower access are challenged.

I like things orderly and scheduled. I like to know what happens next. Right now the challenge is to get everything done and still be disciplined in my writing. There is little or no give when it comes to writing. Either you do it or you do not.

In truth no matter what happens next, I must maintain a constant. That constant is that I must write. If I do not then I stray from the path. The other constant is that I must do it and maintain my responsibility to my wife and children. If you propose to write then you must acknowledge that you will spend your life juggling these two constants. Your arms get tired but it is worth it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment