24 May 2011

Pondering my Posture

Greetings Dear Reader,

I recently had to make adjustments to my writing chair. I was noticing that after a few hours of writing my lower back was hurting. I made the adjustments and things seemed fine for a few days. Then I realized that under the pressure of the new adjustments I had changed how I was sitting. I readjusted the chair back to the way it was and refocused on the way I sat in the chair. The discomfort soon faded.

I also realized how much I do the same thing when God points out errors in my posture. It is my posture God wants to change and I try rearranging the whole world around me so that I do not have to change that posture. The call from God is for constant humility before him and like so many others I wriggle in pride away from the call to become humble and obedient.

I think about all the things people do to avoid simply submitting to who God wishes me to become. So much time and energy gets wasted when I try to wriggle out from under the things I am supposed to become. I have seen others completely change their belief system rather than become humble and forgiving. I have uprooted excellent things to hang on to what I want instead of becoming what I must.

It is all about posture. It is about being willing to adopt the posture of humility before God no matter what the cost. It is not about others telling me how I should do that but about me listening to God and following Christ’s example. No matter how angry, hurt, or disillusioned I feel, I must constantly be willing to submit my heart to following Christ’s example of humility. I must leave the world alone and adjust my posture.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we want to be in control. We think we know how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete