19 June 2017

Magic Every Moment ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

In my series on Answer the Pepperoni I posted the Dan Fogelberg song, Magic Every Moment.  It is posted again below.  In addition to understanding the unique value of every human I need to understand the value of creation as it shows me the love, power, and creativity of the Father.

Ann Taylor
I would be clear that I believe in intelligent design.  I also respect the scientific world and believe that they can live in harmony.  I do not claim to know all the answers about the difficulties others find with intelligent design.  I also refuse to reject scientific data just because it requires me to have more faith. 

This will not be a logical Aristotelian polemic for that belief. Rather, I need to walk through the metaphoric logic of the Designer who designed me and the wonder of what he does.  Thomas Traherne first comes to mind.  In his Centuries of Meditations he explains that we are meant to enjoy the natural world.

Century 1:25 “Your enjoyment of the World is never right, till you so esteem it, that everything in it, is more your treasure than a King's exchequer full of Gold and Silver. And that exchequer yours also in its place and service. Can you take too much joy in your Father's works? He is Himself in everything. Some things are little on the outside, and rough and common, but I remember the time when the dust of the streets were as pleasing as Gold to my infant eyes, and now they are more precious to the eye of reason.”  

I think that as we get caught up in the day-to-day living we forget to see the universe in all its wonder.  We become less aware of the amazing nature of nature.  Living in a city hinders us from some of it.  Spending so much time in doors contributes to it. 

It is my need to be reminded of the amazing beauty that surrounds me and how it declares the nature of the Creator to me.  It is my love of the Creator that compels me to see his artistry and who it is that asks me to move toward the renewal, reclamation, and restoration of that creation.  Please walk with me for bit Dear Reader.  We may discover some beautiful things.


Magic Every Moment – Dan Fogelberg

I awoke this morning to a shattering sound
And I went downstairs and found these shards of glass strewn all around
There upon the floor I found this poor broken dove
And it made me realize how very fragile is this life that we so love

I came back up to bed and I held you so tight
And I prayed up to the Father, oh I prayed with all my might
That He'd always keep you with me, that He'd always keep you safe
And when I went downstairs I found that dove had somehow up and flown away

There's a magic every moment
There's a miracles each day
There's a magic every moment
Oh won't you let the music play
Oh won't you let the music play

On a high and windy island I was gazing out to sea
When a long forgotten feeling came and took control of me
It was then the clouds burst open and the sun came pouring through
When it hit those dancing waters in an instant all eternity I knew

There's so much we take for granted--there's so much we never say
We get caught up in the motion of just a living day to day
We are fettered to the future, we are prisoners of the past
And we never seem to notice 'til our lives have finally
Slipped right through our grasp

There's a magic every moment
There's a miracles each day
There's a magic every moment
Oh won't you let the music play
Oh won't you let the music play

You can see forever in a single drop of dew
You can see that same forever if you look down deep inside of you
There's a spark of the creator in every living thing
He respects me when I work but He so loves me when I sing

There's a magic every moment
There's a miracles each day
There's a magic every moment
Oh won't you let the music play
Oh won't you let the music play

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous22/6/17 03:07

    You're right we do need reminding of the magical beauty that surrounds is constantly through God's creation and to stop and take a minute and recognize all that surrounds us and what a beautiful gift we've been given looking forward to reading more of these posts thank you for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete