28 December 2008

Pondering My Christmas Gifts - The Third Day of Christmas

Greetings and Merry Christmas Dear Readers,

I am composing this in my head as I drive back from Atlanta to Madison. The drive is 14 hours give or take rest stops, fuel fills, pee breaks, and food. My daughter Christmas and I are discussing the week's events and I realize that the three things that mean the most to me this Christmas is God in all his persons. I need Fathering right now so much to deal with my pain and confusion. God is so good and faithful as he does this for me. He holds me close and whispers correction and comfort in just the way I need it right now.

Jesus is so real in my life right now and still I can only think to follow him. The babe in the manger, the angry carpenter at the temple, the suffering servant on the cross, and the risen King are all so present in me as I walk such an uncertain path. I stumble and he lifts me. I stray and he shows me where to put my foot next. I try to strike out on my own and he shows me the brambles and pitfalls I face if I do. I cry and wail for my lost bride and he reminds me that she and so many others are lost to him too. I am not alone.

Inside, comforting, judging, guiding, guarding, speaking truth rest the Holy Spirit of the living God. There are no signs and wonders. There are no strange tongues. There is the constant conviction of sin and leading in truth and righteousness that is the evidence of his presence. He is the surety of my salvation and he will guide me home no matter how long or short the path.

So on the third day of Christmas, my Savior gave to me, the blessing of the Trinity, twice the joy of giving, and a purpose for carrying his tree.

Wishing you joy in the journey, and a Merry Christmas

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment