29 December 2008

Pondering My Christmas Gifts - The Fourth Day of Christmas

Greetings and Merry Christmas dear Readers,

A visit from a dear fellow pirate and a good night’s sleep show me much recovered from my travels. I was blessed last night to receive The Asphalt Pirate and his lovely Bride in my home. I have not seen them for over two years and it was a brief and joyous meeting. Bride is with child and Pirate will make a great father. I already see his love for the child sparkle in his eyes. We talked long of meetings and partings until he had to part.

As I retired for the evening, much weary and already thinking on this morning’s writing and a good cup of coffee, I pondered on what I was most thankful for that fit the number four. Having been some time with Pirate I realized it was my children. The four of them fit so perfectly who Christ designed them to be in person and spirit. So if you will indulge me I will dote on each of them for a moment.

Maxim, my oldest is a firebrand for justice, right, and truth. He and I are so alike in some things that we strike many sparks in our interaction. He is one I would seek for a friend in any world and I love him with a passion I cannot quite put into words. Holding him for the first time changed me forever. Knowing him now constantly changes me for the better.

Bezel, my second son is both passion and tenderness in a strong and kind man. He is just beginning to find his way, though it was revealed to him when he was a babe. My time with him this Christmas grew our friendship and communication. He is charming and is learning to use that charm to draw others to Christ. His tenderness heals much in me.

Rachael, my first daughter, is with Christ. Even so, she teaches me, for she has never sinned, never rebelled, never broken her father’s heart. I still do not know why Christ chose to keep her to himself, but neither will I shame her by questioning that wisdom. Though I rarely share it, I miss her every day. There is no day I do not think of her and ask the Father to kiss her cheek for me and give her a hug from daddy.

Christmas, my adopted daughter is so like me it is startling. She has compassion and love for the entire world. Her faith grows daily and it is a joy to watch Christ claim more and more of her. Bezel commented on the beauty of seeing someone in the midst of their “first love” with Christ and it moved me much to see them understand each other. It is an honor to be a part of her life.

There you have it. So on the fourth day of Christmas, my Savior gave to me, four children to gather round me, the blessing of the Trinity, twice the joy of giving, and a purpose for carrying his tree.

Wishing you joy in the journey and a Merry Christmas

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment