31 December 2008

Pondering My Christmas Gifts - The Sixth Day of Christmas

Greetings and Merry Christmas Beloved Readers,

As the sixth day dawns I am just settling into the idea that I am on vacation. In that spirit this installation will be brief. It is good that I rest as I was quite weary when my sabbatical began. This morning I awoke feeling refreshed but my sleep patterns are not back to normal yet. Today is a day of rest for me, as will be the rest of my vacation.

I will spend the day watching a movie, putting away some things I do not need, and writing if I feel the urge. Daughter Christmas has a cold and will rest as well. We will spend New Year’s Eve quietly with my Son Maxim. I fear that midnight will be painful and hard as my beloved Avalon maintains her absence.

I start the New Year with plans to improve several things in my life but first I will rest and recharge. So on the sixth day of Christmas my Savior gave to me six more days of rest, five perfect things, four children to gather round me, the blessing of the Trinity, twice the joy of giving, and a purpose for carrying his tree.

Wishing you joy in the journey and a Merry Christmas

Aramis Thorn

PS - Hey Santa, pass us that bottle will you. There's a good fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment