02 January 2009

Pondering My Christmas Gifts - The Ninth Day of Christmas

Greetings, Merry Christmas, and a Blessed New Year Beloved Readers,

As most of you have read the last nine months have been very trying for me. Not only has Avalon left us but I have had to face failures from my past including those in my relationships with my beloved Sons. I have had a life-long struggle with building lasting relationships with adult men. I know why and will not belabor you with the details but it is a struggle I fear I will carry through life.

That said, I wish to count among the precious gifts Christ has granted me, the men currently in my life who challenge me to be more than I am. They lovingly have built bridges to me when others are tearing me and those bridges down. Four of them are pastors at my church. Each has in his own way helped to guide me through the rocky waters of Avalon’s divorcing me. They have reassured me that I am doing what is right and been a sounding board when I am unsure. They have kept me from doing some pretty stupid things and shown me that who I am in Christ has value.

Three others are teaching colleagues who are serious Christ followers. They are good steady men who listen when I need an ear and check me when I seem rough or harsh. They have prayed with me and for me. They have honored who I am as a man and as a teacher. They are slowly teaching me that I can trust other men.

The last two are my Sons, Maxim and Bezel. They are my best friends and are willing to ask me hard questions in dangerous times. They stand by me even when they have to show me errors in my thinking and actions. They have fought to keep our relationship whole and strong. They even love me enough to stand against me when I am wrong, reassuring me that they love me. I will never find the words to express the depth of my love for my Sons.

All these men have helped, guided, and built me up in some way. I am humbled and thankful for their love and support.

So on the ninth day of Christmas my Savior gave to me nine men to guide me, eight men I can help see, seven figures under the tree, six more days of rest, five perfect things, four children to gather round me, the blessing of the Trinity, twice the joy of giving, and a purpose for carrying his tree.

Wishing you joy in the journey, Merry Christmas, and a blessed New Year

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment