25 February 2009

The Candy Conspiracy

Greetings Dear Readers,

I thought that I would invest your time in something a little light hearted. As far back as I can remember (and that seems to grow a little shorter each year), I would anticipate the arrival of certain chocolate confections at particular times of year. One of my favorites was the Christmas arrival of Reese’s® Christmas Trees. Now the common Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup is a favorite of mine from the start but the slight change in chocolate to peanut butter ratio in the Christmas Trees makes them all the more delightful to my pallet. I love them. I devour them. I stole them from my sister’s stocking.

Imagine my delight, surprise, excitement, when the wise people at Reese’s® chose to make their confection into an Easter egg as well. The distance was just about right. In late March or early April I would just about have exhausted my supply of hoarded Christmas Trees. The Eggs would appear and I could restock. Now I am so confused.

In the last twelve months I have encountered the following:
Reese’s® Pumpkins
Reese’s® Christmas Trees
Reese’s® Valentine Hearts
Reese’s® Easter Eggs

I am not complaining but it is getting very hard to keep up. No sooner do I get a bag of hearts than I see Eggs on the shelf. I had barely gobbled my last Christmas Tree when the hearts appeared. What will they do next?

I do not know if I can live in a world where I have to rush through my Peanut Butter Shamrocks so that I have room for Peanut Butter Equinox Moons. Will I finish my Easter Eggs in time for Peanut Butter Memorial Day Ribbons? How will I keep my Peanut Butter Flags from melting in the July heat? What if they decide to make Peanut Butter Solstice Rings? I hope you see my dilemma.

Understand that I am not saying anything bad about the great folks at Reese’s®. If I did I think my daughter would smite me. The thing is that I am facing a huge challenge when it comes to keeping up with the vast variety of peanut butter offerings. This is my fear, terror, haunt. This is the thing that keeps me up at night and gives me nightmares when I sleep. You see there is a chance, however slim, that I might miss one.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous27/2/09 09:49

    Ahh Arimis...
    I see your problem and I have a fix for you.
    I WILL HELP YOU EAT ALL YOUR STASH!
    you know before the next Reese’s® comes out!
    well come and talk to me about it a little later .. I am sure we can figure something out...
    DAD!

    ReplyDelete