22 April 2011

Holy Week with Judas – Good Friday – At the End of My Rope

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am so often deterred from my actual intent
By distractions in a cellophane wrap
And the cruel voice that taunts me when I open them up
To find just one more box full of crap. - Waterdeep

How often have my intentions not met the results of my actions when those actions were not the right thing? How often have I tried to convince God to do things my way for my own purposes? Maybe daily.

So Judas follows whilst the other apostles flee. As the charade trials and abuse unfold he waits for more falling down and glimpses of power. As Jesus begins to bleed Judas begins to despair.

Judas goes to the priests. He is acutely aware of the law. He knows that he is guilty of innocent blood under the law of Moses. He goes to the priests with this and the response is to turn the law against him. They leave his sin on his head and their evil intent becomes his guilt. Those who are to be ministers of the law use it to truly betray Judas.

What despair he must have felt. He sees the end of Jesus and knows it is his end as well. The penalty for what he has done is death under the law. He has abandoned his God and the law has abandoned him. His failure to understand the heart of God’s law leads him to the only conclusion left.

Jesus lays down his life for Judas and all who need hope. On the same day Judas takes his own life in despair. Has there ever been a more painful moment in time?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment