10 April 2011

Leftover Ever Pain

Greetings Dear Reader,

In the gas station restroom
By the condom machine
I heard the word of the Lord
He said, "Take off your shoes,This is holy ground too.
You know I came for the sick and the bored." - Waterdeep

The smell of last night’s drinking and spewing assaults my senses,
As I make my way to the urinal I can almost hear the raucous laughter and course jesting that filled the space last night.
Surrounded by flyers for bands from far and near I focus on the one above my target.
It simply says Ever Pain; the name of a band.
I am reminded sharply of the constant nagging pain that is this fallen world.
No matter how much beauty and grace I find in this fallen creation it is only a shadow of what once was and what will one day be again.
Those who have not found Christ and those who neglect his presence in their lives are in Ever Pain.
No matter how arrogant it sounds, there is no peace, no healing, no freedom, and no life outside of Christ.
There is so much imitation and counterfeit.
People seek to numb the pain with substances or divert the pain in self-torture.
They work out their anger and frustration in games and wars.
Only in Christ is there freedom from the pain and loneliness and yet we seem bent to try anything else.
The smell of last night’s drinking and spewing assaults my heart and I feel the collective unrelenting keen of those I know and may never know.
I hear them crying out over the din the of third rate band for someone, anyone to release them from the Ever Pain.

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment