16 July 2011

On Anger

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have been pondering Jonah of late thanks to the sermon series at our church.  Last week one of our teaching pastors pointed out just how honest it can be to admit our anger to God.  Last night I had the opportunity to talk with some friends about anger and I think I got some new insight as to its purpose.

Of late I have been trying to use my anger properly.  When I feel anger rise within me I have been denying it control.  Then I have been looking for the seed that sprouted it.  Once identified I examine the justification for my anger.  This has served me well in only being angry about things one should be angry about.  I have begun to use the raw energy generated by anger to fuel my desire to do good to others. 

Like any other fire, anger is a valuable servant when used properly and a destructive force when let free.  It is the use of anger that gives it merit in our lives.  There are things I should feel anger over but I must never let the anger have control.  If I give anger control it also, like fire burns and scars.  There are things that have been said to me by others in anger that still hurt when they come to mind. 

Anger also must be killed at sunset.  What I really mean is that I do not hold onto my anger as much as I used to do.  I am working daily to shed it before I go to sleep.  Like all emotions anger has its place and time but never in my sleep.  I have to ponder the day and forgive those things that offend or anger me.  I have to set aside just anger by working toward peace.

As far as I can see it, anger’s energy must be channeled against those things that are wrong.  The way to do that is to use anger to full our determination to work toward redemption.  I must work through the anger to a place of resolve that I will stand against the darkness by being a light fueled by all things that give me power to stand.  This includes the energy of anger at all that robs the world of peace.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment