01 November 2015

All Saints Day

Greetings Dear Reader,

The road home is a long one.  Some days it seems further than others.  Some days fly by like the autumn leaves in a stiff wind.  Some days are marked and stand out by gain or loss.  My Daughter Christmas has had two severe losses in the past weeks.  Friends she dearly loves have passed on.

Part of the journey is loss.  There is pain and heartbreak.  Others that we wish to have with us precede us to the end.  We are lonely for them.  My own Grandfather has been gone for forty five years and I still miss him often.  I miss a Sister and a Daughter that I did not really get to know. 

Today we honor those who have gone on before us.  We miss them and mourn our loss of them.  We also honor that they are still real.  We look forward in faith to the great reunion with them. 

As an act of faith I do not speak of the dead in the past tense.  They are past time but not reality.  It may be that they are more real than we are.  If I believe that God is working all things back to good then I must live it even in my losses.

The journey is long and there will be losses along the way.  I will have moments that include absent friends.  I must honor them in faith and practice.  I must live righteously for their sake as well as the ones who remain.  I will celebrate their lives and never forget that I will eventually catch up to them.  “We sorrow but not like those who have no hope.” 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment