31 October 2015

I’m a Soul Man – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Happy All Hallows Eve.  As I think through my feelings on the souls of men I ponder the need to treat everyone as hallowed.  I see the value of everyone.  If I do not then I dare not be arrogant enough to think my soul has value. 

Tomorrow will be the celebration of all saints and Monday the day for all souls.  I must hallow every day for the sake of the souls of humans.  I must set apart my life to the Gospel.  I must love everyone.  I must deal in grace and mercy.  I must leave my imprint for good and not ill. 

I believe some difficult things.  Some of those beliefs seem outdated or untenable to others.  I must continue to eradicate the things in me that hinder living out the commands to love God and others.  I must hallow all that I am for the sake of the Gospel of Christ.  After all, if I am wrong and I live a life filled  with doing my best to love others I cannot see how I lose anything. 

I Pledge Head to Heaven – Keith Green

 Well, I pledge my head to heaven for the gospel,
And I ask no man on earth to fill my needs.
Like the sparrow up above, I am enveloped in his love,
And I trust him like those little ones, he feeds.

Well I pledge my wife to heaven, for the gospel,
Though our love each passing day just seems to grow.
As I told her when we wed, Id surely rather be found dead,
Than to love her more than the one who saved my soul.
I’m your child, and I want to be in your family forever.
I’m your child, and I’m going to follow you,
No matter whatever the cost, I’m gonna count all things lost.

Well I pledge my son to heaven for the gospel.
Though he’s kicked and beaten, ridiculed and scorn.
I will teach him to rejoice and life a thankful praising voice,
And to be like him who bore the nails and crown of thorns.
I’m your child, and I want to be in your family forever.
I’m your child, and I’m going to follow you,
No matter whatever the cost, I’m gonna count all things lost.
Oh no matter whatever the cost, I’m gonna count all things lost.

Well I’ve had the chance to gain the world, and to live just like a king,
But without your love, it doesn’t mean a thing.
Oh no matter whatever the cost, I’m gonna count all things lost,
Oh no matter whatever the cost, I’m gonna count all things lost.

Well I pledge my son, I pledge my wife, I pledge my head to heaven,
I pledge my son, I pledge my wife, I pledge my head to heaven, for the gospel                

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment