24 June 2016

Praying with Those Who Cannot – Glory Be

Greetings Dear Reader,

My paternal Grandmother used an expression when she would wonder at something.  She would look skyward and say, “Glory be!”  Because I grew up in the Catholic faith I knew the prayer call the Glory Be from a very young age.  Here it is:

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son: And to the Holy Ghost; as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be: world without end. Amen.

It is a prayer that anyone who follows Christ can pray in good conscience.   It is an excellent affirmation of worship.  It is short, simple, and worshipful.   If my intention is to always glorify God then my intention fulfills the command the love God.  

Once again if I am praying with someone who cannot I can pray this in faith that I am doing good and not speaking words that I cannot express with my whole heart.  It is good to be reminded that I am to glorify God in all that I do. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment