03 June 2016

Abdication Disallowed – The Hungry

Greetings Dear Reader,

If we are honest we do not do enough to solve the problem of hunger in the world.  I have plenty.  I have been homeless and hungry.  It was a short time but long enough for me to understand what hunger is.

When we turn vital necessities into profit centered commodities it is destined that we propagate hunger.  A deeper issue is that we do not manage waste.  As we left our time at the sea we had to discard food that was still viable simple because there was no way to transport it.  Someone with vision could find a way to get that food to the hungry. 

The problem is that there are not ways to feed those who are hungry.  The problem is that we do not care enough about it.  I enter the grocery store and get what I need with little thought for those around me who cannot do the same.  I participate in things that help feed the hungry but perhaps have abdicated too much to agencies. 

I am not allowed to abdicate my responsibility for those who are hungry in my community or the world.  As long as there are hungry in the world waste and overabundance are wasted opportunities.  I must find new ways to assist in feeding the hungry.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment