01 June 2016

Blame Storming

Greetings Dear Reader,

In the recent news there is a story about a gorilla that was killed to save a child that climbed into his enclosure.  It is sad that the child got in.  It is sad that the gorilla had to be killed to save the child.  It is sad that people choose to launch a storm of blaming toward the zoo, the parents, and anything else that comes to mind.

Instead of problem solving and finding solutions our culture seems to respond to a crisis by blame storming.  We seemed much more concerned about who to blame for what when than we do for the well being of others.  It is our obligation to care for each other.  Instead we focus on who to blame.

As one who seeks to follow Christ I must consider the fact that I must seek the wellbeing of others as a primary focus. After an incident I must care what can be done to prevent future tragedies.  I must assure that see to human needs before I judge and condemn. 

Then there is the fact that I am no supposed to judge and condemn.  Blame storming is judgment and condemnation at is ugliest.  It does not help or heal.  As a Christ follower I cannot be involved in this.  I must assure that I do not put the needs of humans over the desire to blame.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment: