31 May 2016

Breathing Salt Air – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The journey back from the sea was long.  I had many hours to ponder on the drive back.  It was a good time but I think that all of were touched by the siren call of the sea.  Having lived by the sea I know that call too well.

Here in my single dwelling there are not constant waves or shore bird calls.  Summer is short here and I am sure that in January I will again long for warm sands.  The memory of how much I love the sea had faded but with my first sight of it that love returned.

I was reminded of the vastness of the world and how small I am in it.  I was able to see people learn to love the sea.  I was able to see a part of the world that motivates me to free to write and be wherever I wish.

I have no complaints about a day job today.  It is a good job where I get to make a difference.  As with the sea there is constant change there.  The constant for me is the one I follow.  The fulcrum in the void is that Christ is always there. 

At the sea or in the frozen north in mid-winter I have the same journey.  I must follow.  It could be that my path will lead back to the sea on some permanent level.  Wherever I am drawn I will only go if I am sure I am following Christ.

For now I will return to the work I do energized and restored.  It is in the work that I find motivation to be more and to follow more closely.  It is in the journey that I find joy and peace.  This is true no matter where I am.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment