06 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude - Friends

Greetings Dear Reader,

A few times in my life I have had that one close friend; a confidant with whom I shared many adventures.  It is interesting that I am no longer close to any of them.  I have recently reconnected with my dearest friend from my youth, Glenn.  We have yet to have the long conversation that we both crave but it will come when the time is right.

I like people in general.  My Grandfather used to that the only friends I did not have are the people I have not yet met.  My Daughter maintains that I already know every third person.  I want the former to be true but find the latter an exaggeration.  

It is true that I hold everyone in positive regard as long as they will allow it.  I still try to think well of even those whose actions harm others.   The call to love everyone is clear.  If I do not do this I am too easily disposed to hatred and unkindness.  The diversity of my friends helps me mateine a proper perspective.

I think of what the world would be if we all started with positive regard for everyone.  The world could be a place where we cared for each other.  I realize this is idealistic but that is my nature.  That is what Christ wishes for us so it is not an impossibility.

I am so very thankful for the friends that I have.  They all fit into my life in ways that encourage me in my journey.  I hope that I am also of service to them. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment