03 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I transition into my favorite time of the year I am determined to count my blessings.  I am also determined to be specific and clear about things for which I am grateful.  My hope is to journey through the month to the Advent season with a heart full of understanding.   I want to be sure that I understand the full gamut of all that I have in my life.

In general, I feel that much of the unhappiness in the world is a result of not being truly thankful.  We fail to see all that is good in our lives and so we want more things, money, and attention.  We try to control things so that we have what we want.   Our fear of not having and our greed drive us to forget just how deep the provision is in our lives.

This year I want to celebrate Thanksgiving by being thankful every day.  I will discuss things for which I am truly grateful.   My hope is that my gratitude and appreciation deepen.  I challenge you too Dear Reader.   Walk with me toward the season of giving by acknowledging what we already have.   As always I value your company and thoughts.  As always, I am thankful for you every day.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment