29 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Jesus

Greetings Dear Reader,

Every time I ponder the name of Jesus it is something awesome to me.  I realize that not all of you value Jesus as I value him.  You will never receive judgment from me over it.  Nonetheless, I see Jesus as the most precious thing in the universe.

I know where my life was headed before my encounter with Jesus.  I would not be here.  My Children would not be here.  My Grandchildren would not exist.   I would not have been privileged to teach thousands of students. 

It is because of Jesus that I have created stories and novels.  It his providence that allows me to craft songs and poems.  It is through his many gifts to my life that I get to share good things with others. 

I know that many who say they follow Christ do not show him as the loving sacrificing God that he is.  I realize that through history many things have been done in his name that should not be done.  I am thankful that an honest look at Jesus shows him to be so much more.

As I end my “season of gratitude” and make the turn toward Advent I long for you, Dear Reader to see how thankful I am for Jesus.  He is the reason for all that we can be that is good.  He is the one in whom we can live, and move, and have our being. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment