16 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude - Food

Greetings Dear Reader,

I love to cook, serve, and eat good food.  I live in a town where variety is as plenteous as one could wish.  Almost every world cosine is available.  I also have a very full larder.  I am blessed with the ability to cook and can easily prepare what I need daily.

In being thankful for food I cannot in good conscience neglect the problem of hunger.   It troubles me greatly that we do not coordinate better to end hunger in our communities.  We could.  Some of our laws make it difficult.  The problem is sometimes ignored.   We often do not realize how many people are hungry.

As we move toward a holiday that we celebrate with an abundance of food I am thankful for what I have.  I also will do things to mitigate hunger where I can.  My wish would be that everyone who can help would.   I think so many common ills would dissipate were we to do this.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment