08 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude - Voting

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are so many reasons to be thankful for the privilege of voting.  The primary one for me is that men and women have given their lives so that I can have that honor.  It is also this that contributes to my sense of duty surrounding elections.

I do not think that one has to have elected officials to have a free society.  I do, however, think that it is easier to do so.  I also feel that that we do not cherish this freedom enough.  We do not see its value.  We do not take responsibility for it and are surprised when our neglect leads to abuse.

Even though I am disappointed in the chosen candidates by the primary parties I will vote today.  I will vote my faith and conscience as best I can.   I am thankful for the process and hope that the outcome awakens people to the true state of our nation. 

We need to remember to be a nation of duty and honor.  We need to demand integrity from our leaders.  If we have poor leadership, it is because we have elected them.  So today I will show my gratitude by voting. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Your thoughts on this are really interesting. There is so much faith in this. Country. That we need to have faith in whom ever. Is elected. Thank you

    ReplyDelete