23 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Rest

Greetings Dear Reader,

The physical malady with which I have been battling was keeping me up through the night.  I do not sleep much to begin with so what sleep I get is vital.  This is not insomnia.  I have never slept much since infancy.  For nearly six weeks I had not slept more than a couple of hours a night.

For the last ten days, however, I have been able to sleep through the night and most of my discomfort is gone.  Thank you Jessica and Sara for your efforts in helping me heal.  I am on the right path and will get back to what passes for normal with me.

This malady has reminded me of the value of real rest.  In the healing process I had to spend some time just lying still.  It game me time to pray and think.  It also reminded me of the value of being still.  It brought back my freedom to do nothing.

The Father insists that we rest for a reason.  It is in the simplicity of stillness that allows the clearance of the noise and business.  I am thankful for rest and the things it can teach me. 

Learn to be Still – The Eagles

It's just another day in paradise
As you stumble to your bed
You'd give anything to silence
Those voices ringing in your head
You thought you could find happiness
Just over that green hill
You thought you would be satisfied
But you never will-
Learn to be still

We are like sheep without a shepherd
We don't know how to be alone
So we wander 'round this desert
And wind up following the wrong gods home
But the flock cries out for another
And they keep answering that bell
And one more starry-eyed messiah
Meets a violent farewell
Learn to be still
Learn to be still

Now the flowers in your garden
They don't smell so sweet
Maybe you've forgotten
The heaven lying at your feet

There are so many contradictions
In all these messages we send
(We keep asking)
How do I get out of here?
Where do I fit in?
Though the world is torn and shaken
Even if your heart is breakin'
It's waiting for you to awaken
And someday you will-
Learn to be still
Learn to be still

You just keep on runnin'
Keep on runnin'

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment