07 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude - Work

Greetings Dear Reader,

Even though I am working to only work as a writer, I am blessed to work a “day” job that I love.  On a Monday morning, I am pleased to go to work and more so pleased to write about not being someone who dreads Monday.

I hear it often at work.  Cordial greetings are met with complaints about it being Monday.  I wish it were a world where everyone’s work was something to which they looked forward.  I must say that my stress is less than when I worked a job I did not love.  I must wonder why people remain in work that they hate.

It is a heart filled with gratitude that moves me to work where I do.  It is knowing that my work makes a difference in the lives of others.  It is a privilege to have coworkers that I like and respect. 

My supervisor and her supervisor are both people who care about us.  They balance getting the work done with seeing the needs and lives of those over whom they have responsibility.  I respect and admire them both more than I get to show.

In this season of gratitude, I must show so much for the thing that consumes so much of my time.   If I do not feel thankful for it then I must examine my own heart and if necessary, my choices in working there.  Thankfully I feel great gratitude for the to which I will give part of my life today.  It is part of my joy to do so.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment