19 November 2010

That’s why I don’t care if I look like a fool

Greetings Dear Reader,

To do all the things that I have written about this week does make one appear quite mad. I follow in faith someone I cannot see. I believe I have an unseen enemy who wants to destroy me. I rest my eternal soul on the gamble that an invisible God loves me and is willing to pardon my offenses against him through grace. I am willing to forgive and attempt to love my enemies and forgive wrongs done to me.

I have to trust in the absurdity of love and the amazing nature of grace. I have to carry the song in my heart and on my lips. I have to be the fool. The classic image of the fool so depicts what I must be. Those who choose to follow Christ are often scoffed at. They are vagabonds dependant on that distant calling tune to lead them onward. Ultimately the truth is that I must worry about nothing but what God thinks of me. If I know I am doing right by him and humbly follow only his calling; dance only to his piping, no matter how foolish I look to others then I am wise. It is after all the foolish things of the world that God uses to confound the wise.

So dear reader, if you hear me signing and it embarrasses you, I care about your discomfort but will not quiet my tune for you. If you see me moving forward and it seems that I am blind, know that I am listening to the pipe of God’s own Fool and it sings me down the path. You are welcome to follow along if you wish. I promise the adventure will be glorious.

Seems I've imagined Him all of my life
As the wisest of all of mankind
But if God's Holy wisdom is foolish to man
He must have seemed out of His mind
Even His family said He was mad
And the priest said a demon's to blame
But, God in the form of this angry young man
Could not have seemed perfectly sane

We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong

So we follow God's own Fool
For only the foolish can tell
Believe the unbelievable; come be a fool as well

So come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
And you’ll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam
So surrender the hunger to say you must know
Find the courage to say I believe
For the power of paradox opens your eyes
And blinds those who say they can see

So we follow God's own Fool
For only the foolish can tell
Believe the unbelievable; come be a fool as well – Michael Card

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment