07 August 2011

Where there is Sadness, Joy

Greetings Dear Reader,

I must remember that in my saddest moments that there is potential for great joy. If I remember that even the most painful things I feel are a part of the redemption process then I can see the joy on the other side of it.

I must live what I believe in that I honestly feel the sadness of loss or sin. I must also realize that I can gently and kindly infuse that joy into others. My attitude and actions can give others the freedom to feel joy even in their sadness. This one line is so simple but so complex. There will be joy at the end. I just need to hold onto faith enough to get there.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life. – Saint Francis of Assisi

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

3 comments:

  1. If someone does not believe in a higher power but instead believes that you always treat someone with respect, look out for the next person, and never lie, does that make them a bad person?


    -Your words are very inspiring!


    Thanks for the time you put into this blog.

    (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the honest question. I will actually be addressing this in the next entry. Your kind words are appreciated and your timing could not be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome, and I look forward to reading the next post. It's obvious that you put a lot of effort into this blog. I know how important it is to let someone know how much you appreciate their hard work.

    Thank you.

    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work"
    - Vince Lombardi

    ReplyDelete