16 August 2011

For It is in Giving that we Receive


Greetings Dear Reader,

This is one of those things that seems so simple but translates so poorly into action sometimes.  I know in my heart that when I give freely I receive much more than I imagined.  When I let go of self and only focus on the good of the other person I have one true hope. It is that I fade like some Cheshire cat and only leave behind a warm smile.

I wish to fade so that I do not get in the way of others seeing that the good I do is because of Christ.  When others have a genuine encounter with Christ that is when I receive.  When I achieve those moments where Christ is my only possession giving is nothing but joy.

I am working a decreasing what I own in the material sense but that is a long journey.  It has been easier to step back from possessing things like power and control though it has been painful to face.  When I focus on my own needs I spend my energy trying to assure that they are met and I become a looming ugly monster.  It is only in the giving away of who I am and what I want that I can diminish enough for others to see Christ.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life. – Saint Francis of Assisi

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment