02 January 2015

Opening the Year – On Writing

Greetings Dear Reader,

Let me first begin this with a note of great gratitude.  You have been so good about reading my blog over the last year and it touches my heart that you do so.  I have some lofty writing goals this year and I will need your support Dear Reader.

I never want to ask you to do anything extra as your faithful habit of walking with me is a gift I greatly treasure.  The path will narrow this year as I focus on being more yielded to Christ in every moment and more obedient to the Gospel in every act. 

Another area where I will focus is in trying to promote my writing in hopes of more book sales.  This is where I need your help and this is a request that I make with a timid heart.  I never want you to think that I do any of this to be famous or noticed.  My heart is to allow my work to perhaps have a bit wider impact. 

The blog writing is primarily for me.  I share it with you Dear Reader as a way of letting you know how my journey with Christ is evolving.  It gives me much needed accountability and transparency.   That last bit sounds odd to me coming from a writer who uses a pen name.

So what I specifically need is this and it is simple.  I need a little passive promotion from you Dear Reader.  If you like a post, share it on your page or pin to your page.  If you feel inclined to comment on a post it would be most helpful if you actually went to my blog page to do so. 

If you pray, the most precious gift you could give me is to pray that every word is the right word at the right time.  That is my heart.  Please do not feel obligated to do any of this.  It would help but my success is only in the hands of God.

I will be here either way.  It is the blank page that is my canvas and God has put in me the desire and drive to be a sub-creator in this way.  So I spin out my tales and tidbits of the journey.  I find joy in your company when you let me know you are there.  I will do my best to always listen to your comments and input. 

The path is calling and we have a journey to get back to.  Thank you for listening.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment