05 January 2015

Opening the Year – Preparing for Advent

Greetings Dear Reader,

Some of my time yesterday was spent reviewing my menus, gift lists, and photos of Christmas just past.  The exercise was designed to help organize me better so that I can repeat the preparedness of this year. 

Things will rotate out of my plans.   Lists will be edited.  Gifts will begin to refill my hiding places.  The practical side of my preparations continue all year long.  They aid in keeping my mind focused on the eternal preparations.

A month ago when we were just beginning our Advent conversation I mentioned the return of Christ; the Second Advent.  As A Christ follower I am supposed to be constantly wishing and watching for Christ to return.  I try to live this daily. 

All those reminders of Christmas are to keep me in mind of the alpha and omega aspect of the presence of Christ.  His physical presence, his God with us is the reason I celebrate anything.  His beginning Advent was humble and seemed insignificant.  His Omega Advent will be obvious and world reaching. 

I long for Christmas to return.  I long more deeply for Christ to return and make the promises of Christmas real for everyone.  I long for peace on earth.  I yearn for all men to be people of good will.  The potential of Christmas is realized in Christ. 

So as I enter the new year of writing and work I do so with an eye to next Christmas.  I do so with the hope of its promises.  I also do so hoping that when it arrives Christ has returned and made all things good.      

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment