24 January 2015

Second Thoughts – Among the Wild

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Tonight is one of those evenings I will remember long after I have lost most other memories.  I was privileged to hear a new band perform their second show.  Tuck away the name Among the Wild so that when they become famous you can remember that you heard of them here.

You know how much music means to me Dear Reader.  So many things about this self-acclaimed Indy band are so very right.  Their sound is pure and fine.  The guitar and cello combine to bring forth strains sublime and sweet.  The voices of Emily Phillippi, Gavin Jones, & Sam Gryzwa harmonize in a way that reminds one of the great folk ensembles of the last century. 

The message in the music asks questions we all need to answer.  Whether serious, romantic, or humorous their songs ask you to consider more than just a good sound.  As an example check out their song The Mend.   The band recently changed their name from To Course and Company to Among the Wild. 

As one who values content in lyrics as highly as a good sound this band is aces.  Follow them on Face Book.  Listen to their music.  With their musical talent, song writing skills, and natural humility I am sure they will do well.  Thank you Among the Wild for an evening worth recalling every time I listen to your music.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment