19 January 2015

Did You Hear? – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Whether it is social media, the entertainment portion of the local news, or friends at a gathering there is often a portion of the information that is filled with gossip.  That combined with my overdrive imagination caused me to wonder why words can do so much damage.

Even an indirect implication can cause others to think ill of someone.  We indulge in put downs, judgment, and slander.  We use words to shoot our wounded.   We feast on the woes of others.  We say things about others we would never or should never say directly to them.

Photo from Pathos.org
I do not mean to make this sound overly harsh but at the same time we are all guilty of this.  Whether it is a close friend, family member, or complete stranger what we say about others matters to us as to God.

One of the things I ponder is what it would look like if the words we said about others actually showed physically as damage or healing on their bodies.  I am sure I would have killed people.  I am also sure I would be dead. 

As I ponder this I want to make a clear distinction.  There is a difference between gossip and honestly reporting events to someone when seeking help.  There is a matter of the heart that must be considered.  If I speak to someone about a situation seeking counsel or direction that is not gossip.  If my heart is directed at restoration I will choose words that indicate that.

Whilst we walk through this together know that I am as guilty as anyone.  I work harder at it and am better than I was but I have far to travel.  Please feel free to ask questions and interact. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. It all comes down to a time and place for everything, we will never be able to stop judging others. It is one of our greatest faults.

    ReplyDelete