13 January 2015

To Be or Not to Be – Holy

Greetings Dear Reader,

Before we travel anywhere on this topic let me assure you that this is not holy in the sense of being better than anyone.  It is not an exercise in self-aggrandizing or claiming to have arrived at any level

To be holy one must be set apart.  One needs to be outside of the common stream of the world whilst still participating in the reality of the world.  The common perception of being holy is prideful and arrogant.  The actual state of being holy is dedication, work, and humility.  As I said earlier, I am so not there.

But I want to be.  I want to be set apart for Christ in every aspect of my life.  That does not put me above anyone.  It makes me the servant of everyone.  It does not make be better than anyone.  It requires that I realize the depth of my own failings in comparison to God.  It does not debase me or make me worthless.  It informs me of who I am as a child of God and the responsibilities associated with that standing.

To be holy is to be involved in following Christ on every internal and external level conceivable.  It is doing what is right no matter what the cost whilst realizing that one can only do right through Christ.  It is not my power that follows.  It is my submission to the mission.  It is setting my life apart to the following and obeying.  It is the power that Christ instills in me.

To be holy one must submit to following.  I must realize that until I arrive at the end of the path I will never have arrived.  Holiness is a pursuit not a state.  It is a journey not a destination.  It is choosing in the moment to be what I am called to be in Christ.  It is taking up my cross, denying my own wants, and living the journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment